Apply for a skills development grant

Skills Development grants develop skills, knowledge and experience of participants and build community capacity in the Northern Territory (NT).

The grants are part of the NT Arts Grants Program and support all of the following:

  • increase skills development opportunities for NT artists or arts workers
  • increase community access and participation in arts and culture
  • employ NT artists and arts workers.

What you can apply for

You can apply for up to $20,000 per applicant.

Examples of activities that may be funded are:

  • professional development through residencies, short courses and mentorships
  • engage with arts practice through skill exchange
  • build community capacity through workshops or masterclasses.

Who can apply

You can apply for this grant if you, your group or organisation meet the general NT Arts Grants Program requirements .

When to apply

There are two funding rounds each year.

Round two opens 1 February 2019 and closes 11 March 2019 for projects commencing 1 July 2019.

Before you apply

Before applying you should read the complete NT Arts Grants Program guidelines for detailed information on applying for NT arts grants.

Discuss your project with an arts broker.

To apply for a Skills Development grant you will need to submit:

  • CVs or biographies for all key participants or links online
  • relevant examples of recent work
  • letters or emails of support
  • participation forms for all key participants (other than applicant) or email confirming the commitment of key participants
  • budget support material for expenses (using grant funds) over $1000.

How to apply

To apply go to the online Grants Tracker website and create or log into your account.


For more information or assistance contact Arts NT.

Last updated: 01 February 2019


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.