Creative in Residence program
The Creative in Residence program offers support for three NT artists to take up a residency at a cultural venue as a professional development opportunity.
Participating artists will spend 3 to 6 months at one of the following cultural venues in the Northern Territory:
- the Araluen Cultural Precinct in Alice Springs
- the Northern Territory Library in Darwin
- the Northern Territory Archives in Darwin.
The Creative in Residence program is part of the NT Arts Grants Program and supports all of the following:
- creatively activate NT’s cultural venues and increase community awareness of NT's unique cultural collections
- increase development and showcasing opportunities for NT artists
- work with the cultural venue to provide new arts experiences for audiences and the community.
Each residency has funding support of up to $30,000.
Who can apply
You can apply for this program if you are an artist and meet the general requirements of the NT Arts Grants program.
Your proposed residency must be between 3 and 6 months in duration.
Your proposal may involve support and collaboration with other participants, groups and organisations.
When you can apply
Applications are open and can be submitted on the Grants Tracker website until 5pm, 16 April 2018, for residencies starting from 1 August 2018.
Territory artists and creative practitioners interested in the Creative in Residence Program are invited to attend one of the following information sessions:
- 20 March, 5.30pm at the Araluen Arts Centre, Alice Springs
- 21 March, 5.30pm at the Northern Territory Library, Parliament House in Darwin
- 22 March, 5.30pm at the Northern Territory Archives Centre, Kelsey Crescent in Millner, Darwin
To RSVP follow the links to the sessions above.
Before you apply
You should read the NT Arts Grants Program guidelines for detailed information on applying for NT arts grants.
The guidelines have information on venues and their collections and tell you what the residency hosts expect from your proposal.
To apply for the Creative in Residence program you will need to submit:
- description of your residency and how the collection will inspire it
- plan on how you will promote the residency and how you can draw new audiences to the venue throughout the residency
- CV/s or biographies for all key participants (max 2 pages) or links online
- relevant examples of recent work or links online
- references reflecting on the skills, experience, accomplishments and abilities of the applicant and participating artists where relevant
- participation forms for all key participants (other than the applicant) or email confirming the commitment of key participants
- evidence of collaborations
- budget support material for expenses (using grant funds) over $1,000
For more information contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 19 June 2018