Apply for the Live Darwin Arts Program
The Live Darwin Arts grants offer support for arts and cultural activities that celebrate and invigorate the Darwin CBD.
The grants are part of the NT Arts Grants Program and support all of the following:
- raise the profile of the Darwin CBD through arts and creative activities
- enhance Darwin CBD for visitors and locals
- showcase and celebrate Darwin CBD and the diversity of our community
- build partnerships between retailers, community groups, the arts and cultural sector, event and festival organisers and the community
- focus on the Smith Street Mall and surrounding area CBD zone.
What you can apply for
You can apply for up to $50,000 per applicant.
Examples of activities that may be funded are:
- outdoor exhibitions, public artworks and installations, murals and digital projections
- live performances
- workshops, exhibitions and creative residencies in vacant or existing shops
creative collaborations with business, retailers and property owners within the CBD
- creative marketplaces, promotions and community engagement projects to build audiences for arts and cultural events and the CBD
- interactive digital maps or creative content that tells the story of the Darwin CBD participation in specialist workshops and training
- participation in arts industry forums, national markets and showcasing events.
Who can apply
You can apply for this grant if you, your group or your organisation meet the general NT Arts Grants Program requirements.
When you can apply
Funding is available through funding rounds.
Applications for Round 2 will open 29 September and close 27 October 2017 for activities held between 1 January - June 2018.
Round 1 closed on 30 June 2017.
Before you apply
Before applying you should read the complete Live Darwin Arts Grant Program guidelines.
You should also read the NT Arts Grants Guidelines for detailed information on applying for NT arts grants.
Discuss your proposal with an arts broker or email email@example.com to contact the Live Darwin Arts team.
To apply for a Live Darwin Arts grant you will need to submit:
- current CVs or biographies for all key participants or links online
- images, video or audio samples of work relating to your proposal
- any other relevant promotional material, business or marketing plan
- letters of support from project partners or peers about your capacity or skills to deliver the proposal
How to apply
To apply go to the online Grants Tracker website and create or log into your account.
For more information or assistance contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 28 November 2017