Apply for the Live Darwin Arts Program
You can get up to $50,000 for arts and creative projects that celebrate and reinvigorate Darwin’s CBD.
This funding is offered under the Live Darwin arts program.
What you can get funding for
Grants are available for one-off projects or ongoing programs that:
- raise the profile of Darwin’s CBD through arts and creative activities
- enhance the Darwin CBD for visitors and locals
- showcase and celebrate Darwin’s CBD and the diversity of our community
- build partnerships between retailers, community groups, the arts and cultural sector, event and festival organisers and the community
- focus on the Darwin Mall and surrounding areas.
You can't get funding for:
- capital equipment or real estate
- restoring or conserving cultural material
- research or studio work you will use for academic assessment.
You can attend an information session to find out more about the Live Darwin Arts program.
When: 11am to 12 noon on Wednesday, 7 June, 2017.
Where: Arts NT, Level 1, 9-11 Cavenagh Street, Darwin
Bookings are essential. To make a booking email email@example.com.
Who can apply
Individuals such as freelance arts producers or groups and not-for-profit arts organisations can apply.
To apply for funding you must:
- be a current resident of the Northern Territory if applying as an individual, or registered here if an organisation
- have at least $20 million public liability insurance
- be an incorporated organisation or use an auspicing body to take legal and financial responsibility
- have an auspicing body if you apply for a grant over $10,000.
You can't apply if you are a Northern Territory Government employee with a direct conflict of interest.
When your project or activities can take place
Your project or activities must take place from 1 July to 31 December 2017 for the first round of funding or from 1 January to 30 June 2018 for the second round of funding.
When you can apply
Round 1 funding opens 3 June 2017 and closes 30 June 2017.
Round 2 funding opens 29 September 2017 and closes 27 October 2017.
Before you apply
Before applying you should read the Live Darwin arts program guidelines .
You should also discuss your proposal with an arts broker by calling 1800 678 237.
It is recommended you read the NT Arts grants guidelines .
How to apply
To apply for a Live Darwin arts program grant follow these steps:
Step 1. Fill in the expression of interest template included in the Live Darwin arts program EOI template .
Step 2. Submit your proposal by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must submit your proposal by 5pm on 30 June 2017 for the first round of funding or 27 October 2017 for the second round.
After you apply
If you applied for funding in the first round you will be told of the outcome by July 2017.
If you applied for funding in the second round you will be told of the outcome by November 2017.
Last updated: 13 June 2017