Apply for community arts festival grants
Community Arts Festival grants offer support for community festivals to develop and present arts and cultural programs in the Northern Territory (NT).
The grants are part of the Northern Territory Arts Grants Program and support all of the following:
- profile NT community arts and cultural celebrations
- increase community access and participation in arts and culture
- employ and showcase NT artists and arts workers
Priority is given to support regional and remote festivals.
What you can apply for
You can apply for funding for the following festival activities:
- funding for the delivery of an arts program within a community festival
- funding for existing regional or remote festivals to grow their artistic program, management resources and cultural tourism opportunities.
You can apply for up to $30,000 per year.
Who can apply
You can apply for this grant if your group, organisation or local government meet the NT Arts Grants Program requirements.
When to apply
This grant is available all year round.
You should submit your application at least 12 weeks before the start date of the festival, but no later than 1 April 2019 for festivals held in May-June 2019
Before you apply
You should read the complete NT Arts Grants Program guidelines for detailed information on applying for NT arts grants.
Discuss your project with an arts broker.
To apply for a Community Arts Festival grant you will need to submit:
- a list of the festival organising committee members
- CVs or biographies (max 2 pages) for all key organisers or links online
- draft festival program
- examples of work relevant to the draft program
- letters or emails of community support
- budget support material for expenses (using grant funds) over $1 000
- demonstration of adherence to Aboriginal cultural protocols.
How to apply
To apply go to the online Grants Tracker website and create or log into your account.
For more information or assistance contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 19 October 2018