Apply for community arts festival grants
This grant offers up to $20,000 per year to support regional and remote community festivals to develop and present arts and cultural programs in the Northern Territory (NT).
This grant is available all year round.
An arts festival is a regular community event that celebrates and showcases local arts and culture.
Community Festivals grants are part of the Northern Territory Arts Grants Program and support all of the following:
- community arts and cultural celebrations
- artist and arts worker employment
- marketing and promotion of NT arts
- arts industry and community cultural development
- community access and participation in arts and culture.
Who can apply
Your application must be made by the community festival organising committee.
The committee may include representatives from local government.
What you can apply for
You can apply for funding for the following festival activities:
- arts activities, exhibitions and performances
- film screenings
- artist and arts worker payments
- marketing and promotion
- public event costs and insurance.
Before you apply
Your application needs to be submitted on Grants Tracker 12 weeks before the start date of the festival.
Discuss your project and the grant guidelines with an arts broker.
You should also read the NT Arts Grants Program Guidelines. To get the guidelines visit the Department of Arts and Museums website.
How to apply
You must apply for all Northern Territory arts grants online by using Grants Tracker.
After you apply
You will be told about the outcome 30 working days after you send in your application.
Last updated: 27 June 2017