Apply for a skills development grant
Skills Development grants develop skills, knowledge and experience of participants and build community capacity in the Northern Territory (NT).
The grants are part of the NT Arts Grants Program and support all of the following:
- increase skills development opportunities for NT artists or arts workers
- increase community access and participation in arts and culture
- employ NT artists and arts workers.
What you can apply for
You can apply for up to $20,000 per applicant.
Examples of activities that may be funded are:
- professional development through residencies, short courses and mentorships
- engage with arts practice through skill exchange
- build community capacity through workshops or masterclasses.
Who can apply
You can apply for this grant if you, your group or organisation meet the general NT Arts Grants Program requirements .
When to apply
There are two funding rounds each year.
Round 2 is now open and closes 16 March 2018 for activities starting 1 July 2018.
Before you apply
Before applying you should read the complete NT Arts Grants Program guidelines for detailed information on applying for NT arts grants.
Discuss your project with an arts broker.
To apply for a Skills Development grant you will need to submit:
- CVs or biographies for all key participants or links online
- relevant examples of recent work
- letters or emails of support
- participation forms for all key participants (other than applicant) or email confirming the commitment of key participants
- budget support material for expenses (using grant funds) over $1000.
How to apply
To apply go to the online Grants Tracker website and create or log into your account.
For more information or assistance contact Arts NT.
Last updated: 16 February 2018