Earth science scholarship
If you are a young person in the Northern Territory (NT) you can get a three-year scholarship to study earth science, metallurgy, mining engineering or petroleum engineering at university.
What you can get
If you are awarded a scholarship you will get:
- $12,000 a year for three years to help with living and other expenses
- help to find work during university holidays, where possible
- opportunities to develop skills and knowledge in the mining and petroleum industries
- mentoring to help find work experience and consider your career options.
When you can apply
Applications for the 2018 scholarship are now closed.
How your application is assessed
Your application will be considered by a committee of representatives from the NT Government and mining industry.
You will be given preference if you are:
- under 21 years of age
- have lived in the NT a long time
- have done most of your secondary education in the NT.
The committee will assess you on:
- your academic record and whether you are likely to be accepted into science-related subjects at an interstate university
- your level of knowledge and interest in working in the minerals or petroleum industry
- your level of commitment to gaining practical work experience in either the Northern Territory Geological Survey or at exploration or mining operations - this might include working at remote locations in the NT.
After you apply
Applicants who are considered suitable will be contacted for a personal interview.
The scholarship is only awarded if there is a suitable applicant.
To find out more call (08) 8951 8160 or (08) 8999 5424 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 03 August 2018