Apply for an earth science, mining or petroleum scholarship
If you are a young person in the Northern Territory (NT), you can get a three-year scholarship to study earth science, metallurgy, mining engineering or petroleum engineering at university.
What you can get
If you are awarded a scholarship, you will get:
- $12,000 a year for three years to help with living and other expenses
- help to find work during university holidays, where possible
- opportunities to develop skills and knowledge in the mining and petroleum industries
- mentoring to help find work experience and consider your career options.
Read the scholarship guidelines .
Read the scholarship conditions .
When you can apply
Applications for the 2019 scholarship are closed.
How your application is assessed
Your application will be considered by a committee of representatives from the NT Government and mining industry.
You will be given preference if you are:
- under 21 years of age
- have lived in the NT a long time
- have done most of your secondary education in the NT.
The committee will assess you on:
- your academic record and whether you are likely to be accepted into science-related subjects at an interstate university
- your level of knowledge and interest in working in the minerals or petroleum industry
- your level of commitment to gaining practical work experience in either the Northern Territory Geological Survey or at exploration or mining operations - this might include working at remote locations in the NT.
After you apply
Applicants who are considered suitable will be contacted for a personal interview.
The scholarship is only awarded if there is a suitable applicant.
To find out more call 08 8951 8160 or 08 8999 6443 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated: 07 November 2018