School counsellor services
This page has information on school counsellors and the role they play in schools to support students and families.
School counsellors work with schools and the school community to enhance the mental health, social and emotional wellbeing of students.
Support at school
School counsellors provide the following support to students:
- student counselling, advocacy, assessment, referral and case management
- liaising with the family and relevant internal and external support providers
- targeted group or whole of class mental health, social and emotional learning activities
- parent and community education
- attending critical incidents in schools.
How to get support
Students may access the school counselling service directly by talking to their teacher or may be referred by a member of staff, parent or guardian.
If you have a concern, talk to your child's teacher or contact school support services by either:
- phone: (08) 8944 9322
- email: email@example.com.
Last updated: 21 October 2015
Share this page:URL copied!