How teachers apply for the Anzac Spirit Study Tour
Teachers can apply to participate in the Chief Minister's Anzac Spirit Study Tour as chaperone.
The 2018 study tour group will consist of:
- 15 students
- one teacher chaperone
- one Department of Trade, Business and Innovation chaperone
- one Australian Defence Force chaperone.
Teachers in NT government and non-government schools are eligible to apply.
All entries must be endorsed by the teacher's school principal.
Who can apply
You must meet all of the following eligibility criteria:
- be registered with the Northern Territory Teachers Registration Board
- have the endorsement of your school principal
- possess an appropriate level of physical fitness and health
- your principal must agree to provide time release for the study tour
- be willing to participate in scheduled before and after study tour activities including planning sessions, media events and speaking engagements
- have an Australian passport with six months validity at the date of travel or have the ability to obtain an Australian passport
- nominate two confidential referees when submitting your application
- hold a Provide First Aid certificate that will be valid for the duration of the tour.
Please attach a copy of your senior first aid certificate to your application.
The teacher chaperone, along with the Department of Trade, Business and Innovation chaperone, will be responsible for the overall wellbeing, supervision and security of the 15 students selected to travel on the study tour.
As such the teacher chaperone will represent the Northern Territory Government, the Chief Minister and Northern Territory teachers.
The selected chaperone will also be required to:
- take part in planning and preparation for the study tour as required
- participate in post-tour activities such as speaking to school and community groups about the study tour
- participate in media events
- maintain a travel journal throughout the study tour, which will be referenced in the preparation and promotion of future study tours.
How to apply
To enter teachers must follow these steps:
Step 1. Write a statement addressing the following selection criteria (maximum 500 words):
- state how this experience would enhance your professional learning
- detail your demonstrated outstanding personal qualities for an international representational role and excellent interpersonal skills with students
- outline your experience in planning and conducting extended excursions.
Step 2. Fill in the teacher chaperone form.
Step 3. Submit the following documents to your school principal for endorsement:
- statement addressing the selection criteria
- filled in application form
- copy of current Provide First Aid certificate.
Step 4. If short-listed by your principal, ensure your school forwards your application by post, email or in person by 25 August 2017.
Chief Minister’s Anzac Spirit Study Tour
GPO Box 3200
Darwin NT 0801
Level 1, Development House
76 The Esplanade
Darwin NT 0800
Entries are now closed.
Schools have submitted their short-listed nominations to the judging panel.
The successful applicant will be announced in November 2017.
If you are selected
Your photo and other personal information might be used in promotional materials.
To find out more read the Anzac Spirit personal information fact sheet.
Last updated: 28 November 2017