Community use of school facilities

You can apply to use school facilities outside of normal school hours.

The school council is responsible for deciding who can use the facilities in discussion with the school principal.

You may have to pay to hire a school facility.

Type of activities

The following activities are given priority:

  • adult literacy and numeracy programs
  • tutoring for students
  • teaching association activities
  • sporting organisations for use of basketball courts or oval
  • not-for-profit organisations.

How to apply

To apply you must contact the school who will seek approval from the school council.

If you are successful the school will ask you to sign a user agreement.

You will be asked to provide evidence of insurance.

You may be asked to provide a bond as a form of deposit.

Your responsibilities

When using school facilities you must do all of the following:

  • meet the security responsibilities for the facility being used
  • report any damage or accidents
  • meet the cost of repair or replacement of equipment or damage to buildings and equipment
  • comply with the user agreement.

Go to the Department of Education website for more about using school facilities.

Last updated: 27 August 2015

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!