For registered training organisations (RTOs)
Get funding for training infrastructure
If you are a Northern Territory (NT) registered training organisation (RTO) or industry association, you can apply for funding for training infrastructure.
The Training Infrastructure Fund provides grants for projects that deliver future workforce training.
Funding can go towards projects including:
- infrastructure upgrades
- digital equipment or technology
- new training facilities.
Grants of $5,000 up to a maximum of $100,000 are available on a matched funding basis.
You must be able to match the amount dollar for dollar.
Applications for funding have now closed. There will be no further rounds of funding.
Read the terms and conditions.
To be eligible for funding RTOs and industry associations must be able to:
- deliver or facilitate nationally accredited training
- provide services wholly or substantially in the NT for at least six months prior to applying
- maintain a significant presence such as an office, facilities or other permanent base in the NT
- employ NT residents
- operate from a fixed premises.
You can work with other organisations to support one project.
Who can't apply
You can’t apply if you are a:
- mobile business
- government business or organisation
- public, private or independent school
- public education providers
- for example, Charles Darwin University and Batchelor Indigenous Institute of Tertiary Education.
You must meet the criteria.
RTO's operating as a home based business can apply for purchases of training equipment or training resources only.
Examples of eligible infrastructure projects can include any of the following:
- development of new technology or equipment to support future workforce skills needs
- contemporary training facilities and technology which will enable expansion of training delivery in the NT
- contemporary training facilities and technology which will assist in expanding the NT international training market
- digital equipment or facilities to support innovative approaches to training delivery and enhance learning outcomes
- infrastructure upgrades that will support future skills outcomes
- projects that will enhance the organisation’s capability to compete nationally, internationally, or create greater access to new training markets
- projects that will strengthen connection with industry, employers or businesses to take on apprentices and trainees.
Buy local plan
Preference will be given if your project uses other Territory enterprises as suppliers.
You may be asked to provide that local suppliers have been invited to bid.
What can’t be funded
You can't get funding for any of the following:
- developing courses or training resources in the development or implementation of the project
- this includes paying staffing costs
- purchasing vehicles, trailers (general use)
- feasibility studies
- purchase of computers, laptops, tablets (general use)
- unless specified as part of the application for training
- computer maintenance, security personnel or surveillance
- landscaping, gardening or cleaning
- unless specified in the application
- ongoing maintenance of new facilities or equipment
- other expenses incurred prior to signing a letter of offer from the department.
RTO's operating a home based business cannot get funding for capital works or upgrades to a home office or private residence.
Applications are now closed.
All grants will undergo a panel assessment.
You will notified by email on the result of your application.
If you are successful, you must accept the letter of offer within 14 days.
Last updated: 22 July 2020
Share this page: