Get your business involved in community work
Some court orders require offenders to do unpaid community work.
These projects range from gardening to general maintenance and preparation for major events.
The Department of Correctional Services is looking to develop new partnerships with organisations that are interested in hosting offenders at their workplace.
Who can apply
Unpaid community work can be performed for all of the following:
- charitable or non-profit organisations
- non-profit community groups
- aged home or institutions for the socially disadvantaged or persons with a disability;
- non-profit hospitals or education institutions
- land owned, leased or occupied for a public purpose.
Community work projects cannot substitute work of paid staff.
How to apply
To find out more or get an application form contact a community work coordinator in your region:
Alice Springs: (08) 8951 5631
Darwin: (08) 8922 6501
Katherine: (08) 8973 8743
Tennant Creek: (08) 8962 4466
Last updated: 03 June 2015