You can be banned from the Northern Territory's (NT) central business districts if you do any of the following near bars, clubs or restaurants:
- cause alcohol-fuelled violence
- are involved in a crime
- display anti-social behaviour
- refuse to leave the premises.
The area you can be banned from is known as a designated area.
How long you can be banned for
You can be banned for either:
- up to 48 hours by the police
- or by a court for up to a year.
Find out more about the types of bans you can be given.