Apply for an individual liquor permit


Changes to the NT Liquor Act

On 1 October 2019, liquor laws changed in the Northern Territory (NT).

The information below is currently under review.

For more up to date information, contact Licensing NT.

You must hold a liquor permit to buy and drink takeaway alcohol in any general restricted area in the Northern Territory (NT).

You can still drink alcohol in a licensed bar, restaurant or club.

Over the coming months more regions across the Northern Territory (NT) will become general restricted areas.

You need to check with your local licensing sergeant at the police station, or at your local Territory Business Centre to find out if you are going to require a permit.

Find out if you live in a general restricted area.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 08 February 2016

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!