Support and advice
If you're a Northern Territory (NT) business, you can get support and advice to help you during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
You can access four hours of free independent advice on:
- health and well-being
- business strategy and managing through tough times
- finance, accounting, bookkeeping and insurance
- legal matters including intellectual property and contracts
- web, eCommerce, social media and marketing
For more information contact:
- Business Enterprise Centre NT - call 08 8923 6133 or go to the Business Enterprise Centre NT website
- Chamber of Commerce NT - call the COVID-19 business support hotline on 08 8982 8188 or go to the Chamber of Commerce NT website
To find out which program is best for your business needs, contact a small business champion.
Infection control training
You can access free infection control training supported by the NT Government and Australian Government about:
- preventing transmission
- ensuring a safe workplace for staff and customers
If you're responsible for keeping your workplace safe, you should do this training.
Get training through the following Territory training organisations:
- Alana Kaye Group Pty Ltd
- Arnhem Land Progress Aboriginal Corporation
- Central Australia Remote Health Development
- Fox Education and Consultancy
- Logic Transport Training
- Response Employment and Training
- GTNT Group
- Charles Darwin University
- Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education.
For free expert advice even if you aren't a member, go to the Chamber of Commerce NT website and read the COVID-19 Employer Guide.
Free training courses
Find out about free training courses funded by the Northern Territory Government to up-skill or re-skill your staff.
For advice on what training course will benefit your staff, contact:
As a business owner, you may be feeling overwhelmed, distressed or anxious during this period of uncertainty.
Remember that you are not alone in how you feel and be mindful that everyone will cope with this differently.
You can always ask for help when you need it.
There are a number of organisations and services available to help you through this difficult time.
Mental health and counselling:
- Northern Territory Mental Health Line 1800 682 288
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36
- Mensline Australia 1300 789 978
- EASA Counselling, Training, Mediation and Consulting 1800 193 123
- Catholic Care NT 08 8944 2000
Aid and support:
- Australian Red Cross (NT Division) 08 8924 3904
- Somerville Community Services 08 8920 4100
- Foodbank NT 08 8947 3669
- Anglicare NT 08 8985 000
Read more about mental health support.
Last updated: 02 July 2020
Share this page: