Support and advice

If you're a Northern Territory (NT) business, you can get support and advice to help you during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.


You can access four hours of free independent advice on:

  • health and well-being
  • business strategy and managing through tough times
  • finance, accounting, bookkeeping and insurance
  • legal matters including intellectual property and contracts
  • web, eCommerce, social media and marketing

For more information contact:

To find out which program is best for your business needs, contact a small business champion.

Infection control training

You can access free infection control training supported by the NT Government and Australian Government about:

  • preventing transmission
  • ensuring a safe workplace for staff and customers

If you're responsible for keeping your workplace safe, you should do this training.

Get training through the following Territory training organisations:

For more information, contact the Industry Skills Advisory Council NT by emailing or calling 08 7913 7500.

Expert advice

For free expert advice even if you aren't a member, go to the Chamber of Commerce NT website and read the COVID-19 Employer Guide.

Free training courses

Find out about free training courses funded by the Northern Territory Government to up-skill or re-skill your staff.

For advice on what training course will benefit your staff, contact:

Industry Skills Advisory Council NT
Phone: 08 7913 7500

As a business owner, you may be feeling overwhelmed, distressed or anxious during this period of uncertainty.

Remember that you are not alone in how you feel and be mindful that everyone will cope with this differently.

You can always ask for help when you need it.

There are a number of organisations and services available to help you through this difficult time.

Mental health and counselling:

Parenting support:

Aid and support:

Read more about mental health support.

Last updated: 02 July 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.