Support and advice
If you are a Northern Territory (NT) business, you can get support and advice to help you during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
You can access four hours of free and independent advice.
Contact either the Business Enterprise Centre NT or the Chamber of Commerce NT to speak to expert advisors about:
- health and wellbeing
- business strategy and managing through tough times
- finance, accounting, bookkeeping and insurance
- legal matters including intellectual property and contracts
- web, ecommerce, social media and marketing.
For more information contact:
- Business Enterprise Centre NT - call 08 8923 6133 or go to the Business Enterprise Centre NT website
- Chamber of Commerce NT - call the COVID-19 business support hotline on 08 8982 8188 or go to the Chamber of Commerce NT website.
Co-contribution requirements have also been waived for all NT Government Business Growth programs.
To find out which program is best for your business needs, contact a small business champion.
To get free advice from expert advisors, even if you aren't a member, go to the Chamber of Commerce NT website.
Read the COVID-19 employer guide fact sheet on the Chamber of Commerce NT website.
Free training courses
The Northern Territory Government is funding a range of short courses that will help you upskill or reskill your staff.
View the list of free training courses.
As a business owner, you may be feeling overwhelmed, distressed or anxious during this period of uncertainty.
Remember that you are not alone in how you feel and be mindful that everyone will cope with this differently.
You can always ask for help when you need it.
There are a number of organisations and services available to help you through this difficult time.
Mental health and counselling:
- Northern Territory Mental Health Line 1800 682 288
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36
- Mensline Australia 1300 789 978
- EASA Counselling, Training, Mediation and Consulting 1800 193 123
- Catholic Care NT 08 8944 2000
Aid and support:
- Australian Red Cross (NT Division) 08 8924 3904
- Somerville Community Services 08 8920 4100
- Foodbank NT 08 8947 3669
- Anglicare NT 08 8985 000
For more information on mental health support, go to the Northern Territory Government website.
Last updated: 12 May 2020
Share this page: