Retain and support workers
Businesses are constantly competing for the best talent. Implementing strategies to support and retain your staff will help you keep your best people.
The downloadable resources on this page are referred to in Your Workforce - a workforce planning guide.
Read about how to use the workforce templates to customise the documents for your business.
You can retain skilled staff by creating a workplace that supports employees to perform at their best.
To create an engaging workplace, do all of the following:
- encourage new ideas and open communication
- acknowledge and reward employees’ contributions
- provide regular, constructive feedback
- facilitate opportunities for development, learning and career growth
- value fun, flexibility and fairness
- support work-life balance and social responsibility.
Help support your employees across the following three key categories:
Your employees may come from diverse cultural backgrounds and across generations. It’s important to be mindful that all require different types of support.
Health and wellbeing
Support health and wellbeing in the workplace by:
- displaying commitment to employee welfare
- involving employees in the development of programs
- ensuring programs relate to workforce needs
- considering a broad range of initiatives.
Employee assistance programs (EAPs) provide a professional and confidential counselling service to help resolve problems that may affect an employee’s wellbeing.
Implement EAPs to help employees cope with any of the following:
- interpersonal conflict
- change management
- redundancy and downsizing
- workplace restructures or mergers
- conflict and stress management
- personal and family issues.