Regional economic development fund grants
The Regional Economic Development Fund supports the development of businesses and industry in all regions of the Northern Territory (NT).
The grants are a one-off payment and are not recurrent.
Funding is not for the total cost of a project.
Funding is limited and your application may not be successful.
You will need to tell the Department of Trade, Business and Innovation the outcomes of the funded project.
Who can apply
The following can apply:
- incorporated bodies and legal entities
- local partnerships between private enterprise organisations
- NT-based not-for-profit community organisations or groups and local governments.
Note: applications from individuals and individual businesses can be accepted if they show significant economic development benefits to the region.
Projects that can be funded
Your project must have at least 50% financial or in‑kind support from yourself or other partners.
This includes funding sources such as the Australian Government, private or philanthropic organisations.
Your project should include some or all of the following:
- deliver practical on-the-ground projects with tangible outcomes
- be delivered by local people
- provide sustainable local employment
- support local partnerships and collaboration
- deliver local infrastructure to create new economic opportunities and business growth
- encourage increased investment in the region
- improve regional capability.
Projects that can't be funded
You can't apply for funding for any of the following:
- recurring maintenance or operational costs of facilities such as rent, service charges or administration
- retrospective funding or outstanding debts for a completed project
- fundraising, promotional or charitable events
- wages and salaries.
How to apply
To apply for grants you must do all of the following.
Step 1. Fill in the Regional Economic Development Fund application.
Step 2. Submit the form to your local economic development officer using the contact details listed below.
After you apply
All grants must have approval by the Minister for Trade, Business and Innovation.
You will be sent a letter about the success of your application.
To discuss your project idea or to submit your Regional Economic Development Fund application, contact your local economic development officer below or email email@example.com.
Central Australia / Alice Springs: 08 8951 5783
Barkly / Tennant Creek: 08 8962 4472
Big Rivers / Katherine: 08 8973 8103
East Arnhem / Nhulunbuy: 08 8987 0563
Applications should be forwarded to your local economic development officer for assessment.
Last updated: 13 February 2019