Aboriginal Workforce Grants (AWG)
Aboriginal Workforce Grants (AWG) supports initiatives that result in more Aboriginal Territorians entering employment and developing careers within the workplace.
Who can apply
Organisations that can apply for funding are:
- Aboriginal organisations
- private businesses
- industry bodies
- not-for-profit organisations
- other incorporated organisations.
Before you apply
Your business or organisation must meet both of the following conditions:
- hold a valid Australian Business Number - individuals can't apply for funding
- have an insurance policy for public risk that covers personal injury, death, and property damage covering at least $10 million per event.
How to apply
A competitive grant round is open now.
To apply you need to fill in either
- application form A Aboriginal Workforce Grants 2017 employer of choice
- or application form B Aboriginal Workforce Grants 2017 service initiatives
Applications close at midday Monday 20 March 2017. Applications received after this time can't be accepted.
For more information contact the AWG coordinator at the Department of Trade, Business and Innovation on (08) 8999 7802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Aboriginal workforce training
There is no need to apply in a competitive round for Aboriginal workforce training. Training programs are open all year round.
For more information go to Indigenous Responsive Program.