Work health and safety in mining and petroleum

Mining and petroleum occupational health and safety in the Northern Territory (NT) is administered by NT Worksafe.

Go to the NT Worksafe website for more information about health and safety obligations for mining and petroleum operations.

Report an incident

You must report a workplace incident if it results in the death of a person, causes serious injury or illness or is classified as a dangerous incident.

You must immediately contact NT WorkSafe as soon as an incident occurs, using the fastest possible method. Use one of the following methods:

For more information go to the incident reporting page at the NT Worksafe website.

If there is an operational or environmental incident arising from a regulated activity for petroleum operations, pipelines or mining, the department must be informed using the emergency contact details.

Last updated: 04 February 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.