Apply for a petroleum title


This guide has information on how to apply for the following petroleum titles:

  • a petroleum exploration permit
  • a petroleum production licence
  • a petroleum retention licence or lease.

You are required to provide supporting information and documents with your application.

All applications for a petroleum title must be lodged on the correct form and accompanied by the correct application fee. 

Read more about fees, rents and other costs


You can contact mines and energy for assistance by calling +61 8 8999 5263 or emailing

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 01 February 2019


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.