Compliance and penalties
As the holder of a mineral title you can be prosecuted if you breach the conditions of your title, or the provisions of the Mineral Titles Act or Mineral Titles Regulations.
Types of offences include:
- engaging in conduct resulting in a breach of title conditions
- conducting exploration or mining without a title or outside title boundaries
- entering into an unlawful agreement about compensation
- intentionally giving misleading information or documents to an official
- obstructing an official doing their job.
Fines, and for more serious breaches, terms of imprisonment may apply.
Last updated: 10 October 2017