Compliance and penalties
As the holder of a mineral title you can be prosecuted if you breach the conditions of your title, or the provisions of the Mineral Titles Act 2010 or Mineral Titles Regulations.
Types of offences include:
- engaging in conduct resulting in a breach of title conditions
- conducting exploration or mining without a title or outside title boundaries
- entering into an unlawful agreement about compensation
- intentionally giving misleading information or documents to an official
- obstructing an official doing their job.
Fines, and for more serious breaches, terms of imprisonment may apply.
Last updated: 10 October 2017
Share this page: