Land access agreements for exploration

Mineral title: non intrusive activity

Before any non-intrusive activity commences eg aerial survey, rock chip sampling etc, the pastoralist or land manager must be notified at least 14 days before the planned access. 

This provides an opportunity for the pastoralist or land manager and the explorer to gain a further understanding of the proposed activities and requirements of access of each.

You need to provide notice every time you want to enter the property, unless you have come to a different arrangement with the pastoralist or land manager.

Notice of entry

The notice of entry must be in writing and include all of the following:

  • the name and contact details of the title holder
  • the name and contact details of the person who will be in charge of exploration work
  • what sort of exploration work will be done
  • when work will start, and how long it is likely to take 
  • a map of the land to be explored, with its location and boundaries clearly marked
  • the place where the explorer plans to enter onto the land.

You may ask the pastoralist or land manager to provide information about any of the following:

  • access to the property
  • suitable campsites
  • the landowner's planned work program
  • permission to use water
  • details of any problem weeds, noxious plants and hazardous places
  • what you need to do to minimise disturbance to stock.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 06 September 2016

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!