Apply for consents to construct, test or operate a pipeline
Apply for consent to operate a pipeline
To operate a pipeline, you must have:
- an approved pipeline management plan
- the proposal to operate the pipeline validated by an independent pipeline expert as being:
- fit for purpose
- consistent with the accepted pipeline management plan
- compliant with required standards
- consent to operate.
Before applying for consent
You must follow the following steps:
Step 1. You must agree with the relevant minister about:
- the matters to be covered in a pipeline management plan for operation of the pipeline
- the scope of validation required for the proposed operation.
Step 2. You must develop a pipeline management plan for operation of the pipeline. Read more about pipeline management plans.
Step 3. You must submit the pipeline management plan for operation of the pipeline to the relevant minister for acceptance.
Step 4. You must receive validation of your proposal to operate the pipeline from the independent validator.
How to apply for consent
To get consent to operate a pipeline, you must apply to the relevant minister.
Your application must be in writing and include the:
- name of the applicant
- address of the applicant including an Australian email address and fax number.
- accepted pipeline management plan for operation of the pipeline
- independent validation of the proposal to operate the pipeline.
Read about how to submit your application.
Last updated: 22 October 2020
Share this page: