Apply for consents to construct, test or operate a pipeline
Apply for consent to operate a pipeline
To operate a pipeline you must have all of the following:
- an approved pipeline management plan
- the proposal to operate the pipeline validated by an independent pipeline expert as being:
- fit for purpose
- consistent with the accepted pipeline management plan
- compliant with required standards
- consent to operate.
Before applying for consent
You must follow the following steps:
- You must agree the following with the Minister:
- the matters to be covered in a pipeline management plan for operation of the pipeline
- the scope of validation required for the proposed operation.
- You must develop a pipeline management plan for operation of the pipeline. Read more about pipeline management plans.
- You must submit the pipeline management plan for operation of the pipeline to the Minister for acceptance.
- You must receive validation of your proposal to operate the pipeline from the independent validator.
How to apply for consent
To get consent to operate a pipeline you must apply to the Minister.
Your application must be in writing and include the following:
- the name of the applicant
- the address of the applicant including an Australian email address and fax number.
- the accepted pipeline management plan for operation of the pipeline
- the independent validation of the proposal to operate the pipeline.
Read about how to submit your application.
Last updated: 01 February 2019