Darwin Luxury Hotel Development
The Northern Territory has a well established reputation as a unique tourism destination centred on its extraordinary natural landscapes and rich multicultural influence. With its thriving economy and ongoing interest in the mining, oil and gas sector opportunities within the region, there has also been strong growth in the business travel sector.
The Northern Territory Government is keen to address demand for a higher standard of accommodation in Darwin. Its vision is for a vibrant, integrated development of world class standard, which will deliver luxury accommodation and hospitality offerings not previously seen in Darwin, and drive long term business and luxury tourist visitation to the Northern Territory.
Following a strong response to the Northern Territory Government's invitation for expressions of interest, a small number of shortlisted proponents have been invited to submit a detailed proposal by 20 June 2016.
- 12 March 2016 - Darwin luxury hotel development progressing
- 14 October 2015 - New Darwin luxury hotel promoted at key Asian Hotel Conference
- 14 October 2015 - Investors lining up for Darwin hotel development
- 3 September 2015 - Potential sites for Darwin luxury hotel investigated
- 22 August 2015 - Luxury hotel could provide economic boost for Darwin.
Last updated: 01 June 2016