Golf club events and alcohol
A golf club in the Northern Territory (NT) can apply for a temporary liquor licence variation for a special event.
Special event conditions
If you are granted a temporary liquor licence variation for a special event, you must ensure that:
- the event does not start before 7am
- food is available to patrons during the variation period
- takeaway liquor is purchased from the golf club and consumed on the golf course area in closed containers
- limit of six cans, stubbies or other containers or alcohol per sale
- staff are trained in the responsible service of alcohol
- the applicant details the nature of the event and the charity to be supported (if applicable)
- early trading hours for alcohol are not advertised.
How to apply
To apply for a temporary liquor licence variation for a special event, follow these steps:
Step 1. Apply online on the Licensing NT website or fill in the application.
Step 2. Submit your application online or at your nearest location:
Northern region premises
For all areas from Darwin to Tennant Creek.
Submit your application by email to email@example.com or fax to 08 8999 7498.
Southern region premises
For all areas from Tennant Creek to Alice Springs and the Central region.
Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 08 8951 5112.
Last updated: 13 March 2020
Share this page: