Moving and exporting livestock
Transiting livestock through the NT
There are rules for moving livestock from one state to another through the Northern Territory (NT).
Livestock owner responsibilities
If you are the livestock owner you must do all of the following :
- meet the relevant species requirements for moving livestock into the NT
- fill in an NT health certificate and waybill, completing all relevant sections with the destination being an NT property - eg: Katherine Cattle Yards - get the health certificate and waybill form and explanatory notes for cattle entering the NT
- provide a property identification code for both property of origin and destination
- send a copy of all the relevant documents to your relevant livestock biosecurity office
- have a signed/endorsed health certificate for the receiving state - read more about moving livestock out of the NT.
NT spelling facility responsibilities
If your livestock are being spelled at a property in the NT on the way through the Territory, the spelling facility must do all of the following:
Last updated: 04 February 2020