Transiting livestock through the NT

There are rules for moving livestock from one state to another through the Northern Territory (NT).

Livestock owner responsibilities

If you are the livestock owner you must do all of the following :

NT spelling facility responsibilities

If your livestock are being spelled at a property in the NT on the way through the Territory, the spelling facility must do all of the following: 

  • obtain the NT health certificate and waybill
  • complete National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) transfers of cattle
  • attach NLIS devices or transaction tags to animals that don't have one
  • issue a completed NT waybill from the spelling facility when the livestock depart.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 28 November 2017