You can prevent the spread of weeds during recreational activities in the Northern Territory (NT).
Recreational activities can cause the spread of weeds into the NT's most remote areas.
You can unintentionally transport weed seeds by any of the following activities:
- quad bikes
- motor bikes
- tents or swags.
Prevent weed spread
To prevent the spread of weeds during recreational activities you must do all of the following:
- contact the Weed Management Branch to get an NT Weed ID deck so you can identify declared weeds
- report developing weed infestations to the Weed Management Branch
- avoid driving or passing through weeds
- feed your horses weed-free fodder to avoid weed spread in dung
- clean your vehicles, quads, bike, clothes, camping equipment and animals before moving to new areas
- if you find weed seeds or burrs leave them in the weed infested area or burn them in your campfire.