Water extraction licences

Moving or subdividing your property

If you sell your property you need to tell Water Resources in writing. 

The water extraction licence will then be transferred to show new ownership. There are no fees for this change.

If you subdivide your property and a licensed bore or pump site has a new owner, then the relevant licensed water entitlement will be transferred to the new owner of the bore or pump site.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 04 March 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.