Water extraction licences
As a licence holder you must do all of the following:
- install and maintain a water meter
- report your monthly pumpage
- use no more than your monthly water limit
- apply for an increase in your water limit if needed
- seek approval before using inline chemigation or fertigation systems
- apply to renew your licence before it expires.
Renew your licence
To apply for a renewal of your licence you need to fill in the renewal of licence to take or use water form.
Submit the application to your local Water Resources office at least one month before your licence expires.
Applications received after the expiry date will be treated as a new application.
Amend your licence
You can request an amendment to your licence such as adding or removing a bore, changing the land on which the water will be used, or change ownership of the licence.
As long as the requested change will not result in a change in security level or water source, or an increase in the maximum water entitlements of the licence, the licence will generally be reissued.
To apply for an amendment fill in the renewal of licence to take or use water form.
Submit the application to your local Water Resources office.
Last updated: 05 April 2017