If you're a not-for-profit group that collects and cares for sick or injured wildlife, you can apply for a Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Grant.
The grants are to assist not-for-profit wildlife rescue and rehabilitation organisations in Darwin, Katherine and Alice Springs that:
- respond to calls from the public to collect, care and release sick, injured or orphaned wildlife from at least 7am to 8pm
- provide a telephone advice service to people who have encountered sick, injured or orphaned wildlife.
Successful recipients will be offered three years of grant funding.
Before you apply, read the guidelines for Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Grants 2016-19 .
When you can apply
Nominations are now open for the 2016-19 Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Grants, closing 28 July 2016.
Who can apply
You can apply for a Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Grant if your organisation:
- is a not-for-profit organisation, community group or enterprise
- can demonstrate the grant won't be used as part of a business income
- conducts all of its work in the Northern Territory (NT), has published audited accounts and annual reports and not retained un-acquitted funding from previous NT Government grants.
Funding of $50,000 per year is divided between the following major towns:
- $25,000 for services in Darwin and its rural areas
- $15,000 for Alice Springs
- $10,000 for Katherine.
Government can change the amount of funding for each area for any of the following reasons:
- the strength of an application
- the services that will be provided to the community
- the number of applications that are received.
How to apply
To apply for a 2016-19 Wildlife Rescue and Rehabilitation Grant, you must follow these steps.
Step 1. Fill in the grant application form.
Step 2. Attach supporting documents including:
- a budget which shows a breakdown of costs for each part of the project
- provide information for as many questions as you can, to increase your chance of success.
Step 3. Submit your application by mail or email.
GPO Box 1448
Darwin NT 0801
You will need to submit your application by 28 July 2016.
For more information, call 08 8995 5008.
Last updated: 09 September 2020
Share this page: