All native wildlife is protected in the NT.

To care for sick, injured or orphaned wildlife in the NT, you must have a wildlife carer's permit. This does not allow you to keep wildlife permanently.

For each animal that comes into care you must fill in a wildlife report / application for release form.

Last updated: 14 December 2018

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.