Financial help to employ an apprentice or trainee
Who can get payments
- is studying at the Certificate III to Diploma level
- has a training contract registered with Australian Apprenticeships NT starting on or after 3 April 2018
- is an Australian citizen, permanent Australian resident or a New Zealand citizen who has resided in Australia for a minimum of six months, and
- is an NT resident.
What you can get
- $1,000 commencement payment
- additional $1,000 commencement payment - if your business or organisation address is in a regional or remote location or, if your apprentice or trainee meets one of the equity group requirements.
- $500 re-commencement payment
- additional $500 re-commencement payment - if your business or organisation address is in a regional or remote location or, if your apprentice or trainee meets one of the equity group requirements.
Getting additional payments
- has a physical, psychological or intellectual disability confirmed by a medical certificate
- identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- is an Australian visa holder who:
- does not have work or study restrictions
- is not the primary provisional visa holder of a Skilled, Business Innovation and Investment, Student, Work or Holiday visa, including subclass 489 and 188 visas
- is not the primary visa holder of a 457 or Temporary Skilled Shortage (TSS) visa
- has a visa valid for the duration of the apprenticeship or traineeship based on the total number of nominal training hours.
Last updated: 17 April 2018