Financial help to employ an apprentice or trainee
Who can get payments
- is studying at the Certificate III to Diploma level
- has a training contract registered with Australian Apprenticeships NT starting on or after 3 April 2018
- is an Australian citizen, permanent Australian resident or a New Zealand citizen who has resided in Australia for a minimum of six months, and
- is an NT resident.
What you can get
- $1,000 commencement payment
- additional $1,000 commencement payment - if your business or organisation address is in a regional or remote location or, if your apprentice or trainee meets one of the equity group requirements.
- $500 re-commencement payment
- additional $500 re-commencement payment - if your business or organisation address is in a regional or remote location or, if your apprentice or trainee meets one of the equity group requirements.
Getting additional payments
- has a physical, psychological or intellectual disability confirmed by a medical certificate
- identifies as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- is an Australian visa holder who:
- does not have work or study restrictions
- is not the primary provisional visa holder of a Skilled, Business Innovation and Investment, Student, Work or Holiday visa, including subclass 489 and 188 visas
- is not the primary visa holder of a 457 or Temporary Skilled Shortage (TSS) visa
- has a visa valid for the duration of the apprenticeship or traineeship allowing for the total volume of learning including supervised and unsupervised training and study required to achieve the qualification.
Last updated: 29 May 2018