Employer Support Scheme
If you are a Northern Territory (NT) business that employs apprentices or trainees you can apply for grants under the employer support scheme.
The following grants are available:
- $1,000 at commencement - when your apprentice or trainee's contract is recorded by the Department of Trade, Business and Innovation
- $2,000 at completion - when your apprentice or trainee’s training contract is recorded as completed by the department
- $500 for recommencement - if you employ an apprentice or trainee at some other point during their training - eg: if they have stopped working for a previous employer.
Who can apply
You can apply if your organisation operates in the NT as one of the following:
- a private sector business
- a group training organisation
- a local government organisation.
You cannot apply if your apprentice or trainee is employed through a group training organisation and hosted by an NT or Australian Government agency or business.
Your apprentice or trainee must be a resident of the NT and have a training contract registered with Employment and Skilling NT, Department of "Trade, Business and Innovation for qualifications at a Certificate III or Certificate IV level.
This scheme is not open to government departments.
How to apply
To apply, or for more information contact the Australian Apprenticeship Support Network NT.