Get your trade registration and skills recognised in NT

Your trade skills or interstate and overseas qualifications may be accepted in the Northern Territory (NT).

The Skills Recognition Centre can help you with the process and put you in contact with appropriate skills assessing authorities. Find out more on the Skills Recognition Centre website.

Recognised trades and skills

To find out if your licence, registration, certificate or other authorisation gained in another state is accepted in the NT, go to the Australian Government's Licence Recognition website.

If your skills are not recognised

If you have moved from another state to the NT and have trade skills but no certificate as proof, you may qualify for trade recognition.

For assessment of trade skills in automotive, metal and electrical occupations, contact the Australian Government's Trades Recognition Australia service.

For contact details and more information go to the Trades Recognition Australia website.

For skills in other occupations, contact a registered training organisation and ask them for a recognition of prior learning (RPL) assessment.

An RPL assessment can help you to get a job or part of a formal qualification. You can search the list of training organisations offering RPL assessments on the Australian Government's My Skills website.

Overseas qualifications

To have your overseas trade skills assessed, contact Trades Recognition Australia. For contact details and more information go to the Trades Recognition Australia website.

To have your higher education qualifications recognised in Australia, read about overseas qualification assessment.

For information about having your skills assessed for migration purposes, go to the Australian Government's Department of Immigration and Border Protection website.

Last updated: 25 September 2019

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.