Volunteering: cyclones, fire and disasters


Volunteering is about helping others in your community, especially in times of need - such as during cyclones, fires and severe storms.

To work in some volunteer roles, you will have to get a criminal history check. For some you will need a working with children clearance notice, also called an Ochre Card.

Criminal history check

You can apply online for a criminal history check. You can apply in person at any Territory Business Centre or police station.

As a volunteer, the fee for this check is $5.

Your National Police Certificate will be sent to the volunteer organisation for their assessment. You will also be sent a copy.

For further information you should talk to your volunteer organisation or contact SAFE NT at safent.police@nt.gov.au or 1800 723 368.

Working with children clearance

You can apply online for a working with children clearance, or in person and by mail. You can also apply in person at any Territory Business Centre.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 08 March 2016

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.