Primary producer discount and pastoral vehicle permits

Guide to the registration discount and stamp duty exemption for primary producers who want to drive on public roads, including pastoral vehicle permits.

About the primary producer registration discount
The primary producer registration discount includes a 50% discount on the vehicle registration fee each time you register and a one off stamp duty exemption when registering a new vehicle for the first time.

Apply or renew primary producer discount
You can apply or renew your primary producer discount on vehicle registration.

Pastoral vehicle permit
You can apply for or renew your pastoral vehicle permit to drive an unregistered vehicle for work purposes on public roads.