Apply for your vehicle registration history
You can apply for your vehicle registration history, which may include any of the information below:
- your vehicle details
- date you bought/sold the car
- registration expiry date.
Before you apply
You can apply if any of the below applies to you:
- it's your information
- the owner of the information gave you written consent and a copy of their identity - eg: ID card
- you have legal authority to request the information
- you're from a law enforcement agency.
How to apply
To apply for a vehicle registration history, follow the steps below.
Step 1. Prepare all required documents
You must complete one of the following forms:
- M6 Application for disclosure of information: for individual or non-government organisations form
- M10 Application for disclosure of information: for government agencies form .
You also need to provide the following:
- evidence of identity and residency
- authority documents (if required).
Step 2. Submit all required documents and pay fee
You can submit by any of the options below.
Email the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MVR will contact you about payment. You can pay the search for your registration history fee by Visa or MasterCard.
Submit the required documents at an MVR office.
You can pay the search for your registration history fee by cash, EFTPOS, MasterCard, Visa or BasicsCard.
Send all the required documents to:
Motor Vehicle Registry
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801
You can pay the search for your registration history fee by cheque or money order.
Apply for other records history
You can also apply for your recorded address history.
If you need to do a search of other details on your records, contact the MVR.
Last updated: 15 June 2018
Share this page: