Apply for your vehicle registration history
You can apply for a search of your vehicle registration including any of the information below:
- your vehicle details
- date you bought/sold the car
- registration expiry date.
Before you apply
You can apply for a search of your registration if you fit one of the below:
- it's your information
- the owner of the information gave you written consent and a copy of their identity - eg: ID card
- you have legal authority to request the information
- you're from a law enforcement agency.
How to apply
You need to complete one of the following application forms:
- M6 Application for disclosure of information - for individual or non-government organisations
- M10 Application for disclosure of information - for government agencies .
You can pay the search for your registration history fee by Visa or MasterCard.
You can submit your application forms at a MVR office.
You will also need to show evidence of identity and residency and authority documents (if required).
You can pay the search for your registration history fee by cash, EFTPOS, MasterCard, Visa or BasicsCard.
Send your completed application form, evidence of identity and residency and authority documents (if required) to:
Department of Transport
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801
You can pay the search for your registration history fee by cheque or money order.
You can also apply for your recorded address history. Contact the MVR if you need to do a search of other details on your records.
Last updated: 28 November 2017