Apply for the transport subsidy scheme
Who can apply
To apply for the scheme you must be a permanent Northern Territory (NT) resident.
You must be unable to safely use public transport due to one of the following criteria:
- dependence on a wheelchair or mobility device for all mobility outside of the home
- significant mobility restrictions as the result of a permanent disability
- significant visual impairment in both eyes
- severe and uncontrollable epilepsy, with seizures involving loss of consciousness
- significant intellectual disability, memory or communication impairment
- significant psychiatric disability.
How to apply
To apply you must follow these steps:
Step 1. Fill in the NT transport subsidy scheme application or call the transport subsidy scheme officer on (08) 8924 7229 to arrange for an application form to be mailed to you.
Step 2. Complete part A of the application.
Step 3. Attach two passport size photographs (one must be certified).
Step 4. Provide proof of residency - for example:
- Power and Water Corporation account or rates notice less than six months old
- current NT driver licence
- a photocopy of both sides of a current Centrelink card showing your residential address.
Step 5. Visit a medical practitioner or allied health professional and have them complete part B of the application.
Step 6. Submit your application form and other required documents via email email@example.com or post:
Transport Subsidy Scheme
GPO Box 2520
Darwin NT 0801.