Bus fares and concessions
To travel on a public bus in Darwin and Alice Springs you need a valid bus ticket.
Eligible concession card holders can buy tickets at a reduced fare.
Seniors, school students, impaired and disabled people, young children and veterans can travel for free.
|Fare option||Travel option||Full fare||Concession fare||Ticket type|
|Single||Unlimited bus travel for 3 hours from purchase||$3||$1||Paper ticket|
|Daily||Unlimited bus travel until the last service of the day||$7||$2||Paper ticket|
|Flexi Trip||10 trips - each trip permits unlimited bus travel for 3 hours. Card does not expire.||$20||$7||Tap and Ride card|
|Weekly||Unlimited bus travel for 7 days including the day of purchase. Valid until the last service of the seventh day.||$20||$7||Tap and Ride card|
You are entitled to a concession fare in the Northern Territory (NT) if you hold one of the following valid cards:
- Pensioners and Carers Card
- Health Care Card
- Veterans' Affairs White card
- Veterans' Affairs Orange card
- Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
- Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card
- student ID card - see below.
Travel on public buses in Darwin and Alice Springs is free for:
- people who have a Seniors Card
- veterans who have a Veterans' Affairs Gold card
- people who have a Vision Impaired Travel Pass
- Companion Card holders and their companions
- NT school students
- children under five
- people who are unable to use the ticketing system due to significant permanent disability.
Eligible student ID cards
A student ID card is valid when it is issued in Australia by one of the following registered education providers:
- primary, middle and high schools
- TAFE - Technical and Further Education institutes
- Vocational Education and Training (VET) course providers.
Your student ID card must show:
- a photo of the student
- your institution’s registered name
- an expiry date.
For general bus enquiries or feedback call (08) 8924 7666, Monday to Friday, 6.45am to 4:30pm or submit your feedback online.