The 2019 Darwin and Alice Springs taxi ballots were held on 28 November 2019 at the Central Australian Development Office in Alice Springs.
There were four licences available for allocation:
- two multiple purpose taxi (MPT) licences in Darwin
- two MPT licences in Alice Springs.
The successful applicants for the new MPT licences are listed below.
- Pradeep Kumar
- Rajeev Tanwar
- Jagmohan Singh
- Antony Ouseph
Taxi licences that are returned or cancelled in the 12 month period after the ballot will be reallocated.
Any available licences may be offered to the next listed applicant from the same licence ballot draw.
Criteria to enter the ballot
The criteria for an applicant to be eligible for the taxi ballot were:
- Have current accreditation as a commercial passenger vehicle (CPV) operator (as an individual). Read about the requirements for CPV operator accreditation.
- Not already hold a licence to operate a taxi. This includes interest as a director or shareholder of a body corporate that holds one or more current taxi licences in the NT.
- Hold a current CPV identity card that:
- Has been in force for a minimum of the last five years.
- Has been actively used during this time through a demonstrated history in regularly driving a taxi. For example, you must have driven a taxi in the NT at least once a month for nine months of each year for the last five years.
- Have a demonstrated history of good compliance. This will be determined using the below guidelines:
- any substantiated complaints
- your driving history and whether there is a pattern of offending
- court matters
- warnings and other administrative actions taken against you
- any other matter relevant in determining your character.
- Be a resident of the NT.
Last updated: 17 February 2020
Share this page: