Operating or owning a commercial passenger vehicle
Registration of a CPV
To be registered as a commercial passenger vehicle (CPV) your vehicle must:
- be registered in the Northern Territory (NT)
- meet routine inspection and registration requirements of the MVR
- be registered under the same name for the owner and commercial vehicle licence holder - for taxis, minibuses, private hire cars, limousines and special function vehicles.
A factory standard or unmodified production vehicle that is fitted with an Australian compliance plate may be approved as a CPV provided the vehicle:
- complies with the CPV vehicle maintenance standards and guides for that type of vehicle - for more information read about types of CPV
- passes the CPV standards inspection.
Modified or imported vehicles are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Last updated: 01 December 2017
Share this page:URL copied!