Accreditation in the NT: apply or renew
You can apply for accreditation to operate a commercial passenger vehicle (CPV) in the Northern Territory (NT). Your accreditation is valid for five years and can be renewed.
To be approved as an accredited operator, you must be considered fit and proper to be responsible for the operation of a CPV.
You cannot transfer your accreditation to another person. Your accreditation may be cancelled if you are convicted of a disqualifying offence or are deemed not fit and proper to hold accreditation. Read about fit and proper assessment and disqualifying offences.
To apply for or renew operator accreditation you must:
- complete an application for commercial passenger vehicle operator accreditation
- pay the $100 accreditation fee
- provide a national police certificate supplied by SAFE NT dated within three months
- provide an insolvency check from the Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA) dated within three months.
You must provide either original or certified copies of your national police certificate and insolvency report.
Company or body corporate accreditation
In the case of a company, body corporate or an incorporated association, an operator must provide a current Company Extract from the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) to identify all partners or all directors and managers.
An operator will not be given accreditation if an individual or office bearer of a body corporate is any of the following:
- bankrupt or in the process of bankruptcy
- has been convicted of a disqualifying offence
- considered not fit and proper to hold accreditation.
How to apply
You can send your application, supporting documents and cheque or money order to:
Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics
CPV Operator Accreditation
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801
You can pay the fee by Visa or MasterCard by calling 1300 654 628 once the MVR has received your application form.
You can apply in person at a MVR office. You can pay your fee by MasterCard, Visa, EFTPOS or cash.