The following pages are a guide for all taxi and commercial passenger vehicle (CPV) drivers in the Northern Territory (NT), including how to get an endorsement to drive and where to get training and industry information.

All drivers of commercial passenger vehicles in the NT must have:

  • a current NT driver licence
  • a CPV licence (H endorsement).

If you drive a CPV in any of the below categories, you must also have a commercial passenger vehicle identity (CPVID) card:

  • taxi
  • minibus
  • private hire car
  • limousine
  • courtesy vehicle
  • special function vehicle
  • special passenger vehicle.

There are also rules for drivers who want to transfer their driver authority from another part of the NT, interstate or New Zealand.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 27 June 2017