Driving a commercial passenger vehicle

Commercial passenger vehicle licence - H endorsement: apply or renew

All commercial passenger vehicle drivers need an H endorsement on their Northern Territory (NT) driver licence.

This endorsement is also necessary for anyone wanting to hold a commercial passenger vehicle identity (CPVID) card.

You're not eligible to apply if you hold a learner or provisional driver licence, or if you're subject to an alcohol ignition lock condition.

Before you apply or renew

To apply for your H endorsement

You must meet all of the following:

Apply to become a rideshare driver

If you are applying to become a rideshare driver, you must fill in the online ridesharing driver application.

Read more about how to become a rideshare driver.

To renew your H endorsement

Your driver licence renewal notice will show which documents you may need at the time of renewal.

These can include all of the following:

You will need to fill in the CPVF05 application or renewal for a licence to drive a commercial passenger vehicle (H endorsement) form PDF (740.0 KB).

How to apply for or renew your H endorsement

You can apply for or renew your H endorsement in person at an MVR office.

New applicants: theory test

New applicants must pass the hire and reward knowledge theory test relating to commercial passenger vehicle requirements in the NT.

This can be done at any MVR office. You don't need to book.

A test fee of $20 applies for each attempt of the theory test.

Before taking the theory test, you can take a free online practice test.

To find out more about the theory test, read the CPV05 How to obtain a licence to drive a commercial passenger vehicle (H endorsement) information bulletin PDF (677.4 KB).

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 04 August 2021

Give feedback about this page.

Share this page:

URL copied!