As the operator of a communications and dispatch network, you must create a record system and maintain records including all of the following:
- the name, address, identification and contact details of all commercial passenger vehicle drivers using the communications network
- the registration number of each commercial passenger vehicle using the communications network
- the times and dates of when each driver and commercial passenger vehicle is using the network
- any journey or booking carrying a passenger in a wheelchair.
Each job dispatched to a commercial passenger vehicle from the communications network must record all of the following:
- time of the call
- passenger's name
- pick-up point
- commercial passenger vehicle number
- time booking was made and time booking is required.
Records must be kept for at least three years and can be hand written or digital. They must be made available to an inspector on request.