Heavy vehicle inspection

You can organise a heavy vehicle inspection with an authorised inspector.

You can also go to a MVR test shed for an inspection any time during business hours - Monday to Friday, 8am to 3:15pm. You don't need a booking.

You can pay your inspection fee and heavy vehicle registration fee at the MVR office.

Find a heavy vehicle authorised inspector

You can choose an inspector from the list of authorised inspectors and book an inspection by phone. When booking your vehicle inspection, make sure the mechanic is authorised to inspect your type of vehicle.

These mechanics will do all of the following:

  • inspect your vehicle
  • give you an inspection report
  • charge you an inspection fee.

It is your responsibility to submit the inspection report to the MVR. To find out how to do this go to apply to register your vehicle.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 28 November 2017