Apply for heavy combination licence - HC
Before you apply
You will need to meet all of the following:
- be a Northern Territory (NT) resident
- have held a MR or HR licence for at least one year
- learn to drive a heavy combination vehicle from a driver who holds a current class HC or higher licence
- pass a driving assessment or approved training course.
Training for your HC licence
You will need to:
- undertake and pass a training and assessment course with a registered training organisation from the MVR approved training provider list
- or undertake training from another source and pass a practical driving assessment with an authorised heavy vehicle driving assessment officer.
When you have passed your training course or practical driving assessment, you then need to go to your nearest MVR office to apply for your HC licence.
How to apply
You will need to give the MVR your:
- statement of attainment
- or heavy vehicle licence assessment form.
You will then be given a new HC licence once you have paid the licence fee.
Email, mail or phone
You can apply by phone, email or mail if:
- you are a NT resident
- the MVR has your digital photograph recorded
- you have already submitted your driver test result to the MVR
- you can pay by Visa or MasterCard.
Call 1300 654 628. You can pay your fee by Visa or MasterCard.
Email your statement of attainment or heavy vehicle assessment form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can pay your fee by MasterCard or Visa by calling 1300 654 628.
You can send your statement of attainment or heavy vehicle assessment form to the MVR office with the payment details filled out to:
Motor Vehicle Registry
GPO Box 530
Darwin NT 0801