Senior drivers

Senior discounts and concessions

You can get financial assistance for licence and registration fees with a concession card.  Your concession card must be seen by a motor vehicle registry (MVR) officer and recorded on the database.

The concession card only has to be seen once on the initial application. This can be done by visiting your local MVR Office.

The MVR recognises two types of concession cards:

The concession card and Seniors Card must be an NT issued card. Interstate or Commonwealth concession cards will not be accepted.

Free driver licence renewal

If you have a valid NT concession card, you are entitled to a free driver licence renewal. You currently cannot get a free licence over the internet.

For more information, contact MVR by calling 1300 654 628 or visit your local MVR Office.

Read more about concession cards you can use at the MVR.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 17 February 2020


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.