Senior drivers

Renew your driver licence and registration

If you have a valid Pensioner and Carer Concession Card you are entitled to a free driver licence renewal. 

You currently cannot obtain a free licence over the internet. 

You can contact Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) by phone on 1300 654 628 or visit your local MVR Office for more information.

Read more about concession cards you can use at the MVR.

The MVR has a range of services designed to make it easier for you to renew your driver licence or vehicle registration. 

It is important that your address details are correct before a renewal can be processed.

Payment options available include: 

  • MVR Quickpay
  • NT REGO App
  • post Billpay
  • by phone or mail
  • in person at your local MVR Office
  • in person at a participating Australia Post Office.

Read more about renewing your driver licence or vehicle registration.

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 10 July 2019


Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.