Get your heavy vehicle licence

Approved training providers

This page contains a list of registered training organisations approved by the MVR for heavy vehicle licence training and course assessment.

You will need to complete a training course to apply for a class HC and class MC licence.

You must do this through an approved training provider.

Approved heavy vehicle training providers must follow the:

Code of practice for NT driving instructors and driving examiners PDF (758.8 KB)
Code of practice for NT driving instructors and driving examiners DOCX (656.3 KB).

After the training course

Once you complete your training course, you will need to complete a final competency practical assessment with an authorised heavy vehicle driving examiner. This should be organised through the approved training provider.

At the end of the practical assessment, the examiner will issue you with a heavy vehicle test sheet to confirm you have completed the final competency assessment.

Your approved training provider will issue your statement of attainment.

You will need to present both the statement of attainment and the final competency assessment test sheet to the MVR to upgrade your licence.

If you don't upgrade your licence within 12 months of these documents being issued, you will need to be reassessed for the heavy vehicle licence.

You will need to pay a fee when you upgrade your licence.

Registered training organisationPhoneLRMRHRHCMC
Charles Darwin University 08 8946 7506 Y Y Y Y Y
Northern Australia Training and Assessment 08 8900 9221 Y Y Y Y Y
Logic Transport Training 0408 439 490 Y Y Y Y Y
Centre for Appropriate Technology 08 8959 6100 Y Y Y Y Y

Print all pages in this section

Last updated: 14 July 2020

Share this page:

Was this page useful?

Describe your experience

More feedback options

To provide comments or suggestions about the NT.GOV.AU website, complete our feedback form.

For all other feedback or enquiries, you must contact the relevant government agency.